We are no longer accepting applications for the current hiring process.
Please fill out the application completely. If a section or answer does not apply please enter N/A.
Please include your Driver’s License Number and state of issue in your email.
Please email your application to:
Applications may also be mailed or delivered to (please include your driver's license number and state of issue on the application):
Hancock County 911
Attn: Director of Communications
640 S Franklin St
Greenfield, IN 46140
Hiring Process steps (at times these steps may not be followed in exact order):
Reasonable testing accommodations may be made for applicants who reside 120 or more miles from Hancock County.
- Completion of application and partial background check
- Criticall Typing Test (paragraph typing (35wpm), tab typing (measured by keystrokes per hour),
and multitasking skills)
- Initial general knowledge test (Written Group Test)
- Criticall Dispatch Test (spelling, grammar, mapping, reading comprehension, etc)
- Peer Interview
- Director Interview
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Full Background Investigation
- Hearing, Vision, Drug and Psychological testing
- Communication’s Policy Board Approval
- Hancock County Council approval (for position only)
- Hancock County Board of Commissioners approval
Hancock County Communications is an equal opportunity employer and necessary accommodations may be made to complete the testing.