We are accepting pre-applications until July 15th, 2019 at 11:59PM (link to the pre-application is below). Full Applications will be turned in later in the process.
Please fill out the pre-application completely. If a section or answer does not apply please enter N/A.
Please email your application to:
Pre-Applications may also be mailed or delivered to:
Hancock County 911
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
640 S Franklin St
Greenfield, IN 46140
Hiring Process steps (at times these steps may not be followed in exact order): Reasonable testing accommodations may be made for applicants who reside 120 or more miles from Hancock County.
- Completion of pre-application and partial background check
- Criticall Typing Test (paragraph typing (35wpm), tab typing (measured by keystrokes per hour), and multitasking skills)
- Criticall Dispatch Test (spelling, grammar, mapping, reading comprehension, etc)
- Peer Interview
- Completion of full Hancock County Employment Application
- Director Interview
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Full Background Investigation
- Hearing, Vision, Drug and Psychological testing
- Communication’s Policy Board Approval
- Hancock County Council approval (for position only)
- Hancock County Board of Commissioners approval
- Approximate hire date is October 2019.
Hancock County Communications is an equal opportunity employer and necessary accommodations may be made to complete the testing.