There is not an active hiring process at this time. Follow us on Facebook or check back here for future opportunities. You are welcome to contact our Deputy Director with any questions (email listed below).
Please fill out the pre-application completely. If a section or answer does not apply please enter N/A.
Please email your application to:
Pre-Applications may also be mailed or delivered to:
Hancock County 911
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
640 S Franklin St
Greenfield, IN 46140
Hiring Process steps (at times these steps may not be followed in exact order): Reasonable testing accommodations may be made for applicants who reside 120 or more miles from Hancock County.
- Completion of pre-application and partial background check
- Criticall Typing Test (paragraph typing (35wpm), tab typing (measured by keystrokes per hour), and multitasking skills)
- Criticall Dispatch Test (spelling, grammar, mapping, reading comprehension, etc)
- Peer Interview
- Completion of full Hancock County Employment Application
- Director Interview
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Full Background Investigation
- Hearing, Vision, Drug and Psychological testing
- Communication’s Policy Board Approval
- Hancock County Council approval (for position only)
- Hancock County Board of Commissioners approval
- Approximate hire date is May 2020.
Hancock County Communications is an equal opportunity employer and necessary accommodations may be made to complete the testing.