Follow us on Facebook
Applicants may apply via our Indeed.com application here: Hancock County 911 Application
If unable to complete the online application through the above link, there is an application at the bottom of this page that can be filled out and emailed to Greg Shamblin.
Hiring Process steps (at times these steps may not be followed in exact order): Reasonable testing accommodations may be made for applicants who reside 120 or more miles from Hancock County.
- Completion of Online Application
- Background Check
- Criticall Typing Test (paragraph typing (35wpm), tab typing (measured by keystrokes per hour), and multitasking skills)
- Criticall Dispatch Test (spelling, grammar, mapping, reading comprehension, etc)
- Peer Interview
- Completion of Full Hancock County Employment Application
- Director Interview
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Full Background Investigation
- Hearing, Vision, Drug and Psychological testing
- Communication’s Policy Board Approval
- Hancock County Council approval (for position only)
- Hancock County Board of Commissioners approval
- Approximate hire date is TBD
Hancock County Communications is an equal opportunity employer and necessary accommodations may be made to complete the testing.