A Public Information Meeting about the CR 600W Segment B project was held virtually on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 1:30pm. The meeting discussed design changes to the project which runs from 500 feet south of CR 400N to 900 feet north of CR 500N. A copy of the presentation slides can be found in the “Public Meeting Files” link. Other information in the “Public Meeting Files” link is:
- The Public Notice about the Project.
- An Aerial Exhibit of the proposed roadway,
- CR 600W Presentation Plans which show the proposed improvements and right-of-way,
- FHWA Acquisition brochure, and
- FHWA Relocation brochure
2021 Annual Bid apparent Results. (updated 16DEC2020)
We are limiting person to person contact in our office due to COVID-19 spread reduction measures. We are still open for operations. Permits and other face to face business will be conducted by appointment. There are drop off and pick up boxes in the foyer for permits, plans, and billing. Our intent is to keep the disruption to our customers to a minimum while limiting opportunities for COVID-19 spread. Gas tax revenue has decreased. We are modifing the maintenance and capital program until revenue stabilizes.
Gary Pool, P.E., County Engineer
921 W. Osage Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Functions of the Hancock County Highway Department:
- Maintenance of highways, bridges, and culverts
- Fixing load limits on highways, bridges, and culverts
- Filing annual reports with the Board of County Commissioners