Please click on title.
Temporary / Part- Time Records Clerk
Department: Hancock County Recorder's Office
Start Date: To be determined
The Hancock County Recorder's Office preserves many of the community's most important records, ranging from home mortgages and neighborhood covenants to business names and military discharge documents. We currently have a temporary/part time Records Clerk position for a detailed and dependable individual who enjoys serving their community. This position will require being on call, some weekends, and will work as needed, when needed. This position may only be required until December 31, 2018
Clerks Job Responsibilities:
- Opening office and public access area
- Filing, data entry, excel spreadsheets
- Complete understanding of Microsoft office
- Knowledge of all office equipment including OCE Plat scanner
- Receipting, Indexing, Recording, waiting on counter, answering phones, scanning, processing electronic recordings, reviewing recorded documents, returning the newly recorded documents, and closing office
- Assist with requested procedures/projects as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service skills
- Accomplished computer skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping recommended but not required
- Knowledge of abstracting a plus but not required
- Knowledge of land records
- Must be able to pass criminal and drug test
*Benefits not offered for this position, hourly rate will be determined based on experience.
Please visit the Hancock County Recorder’s office to submit an application and leave your resume.
Debra Carnes, County Recorder
111 American Legion Pl Ste 202
Greenfield In, 46140