Mechanic’s Lien IC 32-28-3-1; IC 32-28-3-3; IC 36-2-7-10
The following are the requirements to file a Mechanic’s Lien
- Debtor (Grantor),
- “Mechanic” (Grantee),
- Legal Description of property worked on,
- Specific address for mailings,
- Signatures with names typed or printed below or next to each name,
- Signatures acknowledger or notarized,
- Prepared by Statement,
- Social Security Redaction Statement.
The filer is to provide a self-address postage-paid envelope for the return of the original documents to the filer. Please note: the timeframe to file a Mechanic’s Lien is 60 days for a Residential Lien and 90 days for a Commercial Lien. Liens may be enforced by opening a case in the Hancock County Courts.